Questions about the competition
Applications will be accepted from startups that meet the following criteria:
- Sustainability: The business has a clear sustainability strategy that ensures high social and ecological standards in its production and supply chains.
- Marketability: The product is ready to market, but it doesn’t have to be on sale yet.
- Segment: The product can be assigned to one of the three competition categories fashion, food and beauty.
- Market: The startup was founded in Germany and there is one of its most important markets.
- Foundation: The business was founded less than five years ago.
NEXT>IN SUSTAINABILITY addresses startups with a product in the segment of fashion, food or beauty that are committed to making people’s lives more sustainable.
No. But it should be ready to market either now or in the next twelve months.
No. Application is free of charge.
The information and materials that you submit will be treated as confidential. They will not be published or utilized by QVC Handel S.à r.l. & Co. KG or the Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development. The submitted information and materials will be used exclusively by an expert committee (comprising the jury and the QVC NEXT»IN SUSTAINABILITY project team) for the purpose of judging the ideas.
Questions about the prize
The winners can look forward to an extensive prize package with several components tailored to the specific needs of their business. It includes:
- Inclusion in the QVC Germany product portfolio: The winning products will achieve Germany-wide visibility through being marketed via QVC Germany’s high-reach channels (TV network, web shop, shopping apps, social media). It is even possible that the cooperation will be extended to QVC’s international markets.
- Coaching on product positioning: The winners will receive coaching and advice on the positioning and presentation of their product from QVC’s marketing and sales experts.
- Communication training:The founders will get comprehensive communication training from experienced QVC hosts and learn how to optimize the presentation of their product, including gestures, facial expressions, stance and language.
- Mentoring program: In the QVC Mentoring Program the startups are invited to meet other founders and QVC experts in each product segment to exchange valuable experiences.
Three. One in each competition category (fashion, food and beauty).
That depends on how market ready your product is. It can go on sale immediately after the competition, or at any time in the following year.
Questions on applications
Between December 3, 2020 and February 3, 2021.
You can submit your application using the application form on this website. All the necessary information can be entered directly online without the need to create a separate document. However, if you do wish to share additional information with us you can use the upload function at the end of the application form.
German or English.
Yes. You can apply with more than one product.
No. Your application and the product sample should speak for themselves.
The jury will be judging the products according to the following criteria: sustainability concept, business model, value proposition, growth outlook and team.
Questions about the procedure
December 3, 2020: start of the application phase
February 3, 2021: end of the application phase
Mid-February 2021: announcement of the shortlisted applications
End of March 2021: digital award ceremony
Mid-April 2021: follow-up event with the winners at QVC
You’ll be sent a personal notification from QVC if your product is shortlisted. The winners will be announced at the digital award ceremony.
The prizes will be presented at a digital event at the end of March 2021.
Please email your question to email@example.com.